Vision and Goals
RMM desires to be a prayer-saturated agency. We believe in the power of prayer and the reality that unless God is leading in all we do our work is in vain. We are keenly aware of the warfare that is being waged by the enemy against our efforts to invite the nations to worship Jesus.
We invite you to join a band of prayer warriors across CMC who come together in local prayer chapters to intercede for the work of RMM. These prayer warriors play a vital role like Aaron and Hur, who held up the arms of Moses as he was interceding on behalf of the battle Joshua and his men were fighting on the plains.
Our goal is to secure pockets of intercessors in a variety of geographical areas who will commit to meet once a month to pray for RMM needs. Our hope and belief is that God will move in powerful ways as these intercessors pray and that in turn they will be blessed and encouraged in the awareness that God has a work for them to do.
Joining a Prayer Chapter
If you believe in the power of prayer and long to see people come to know Jesus, we invite you to join a local prayer chapter. Joining simply means a commitment to attend as many monthly meetings as possible, but with the freedom to skip meetings due to health issues, inclement weather, travel, visitors, time spent with grandchildren, etc. It means a commitment to pray in the meetings and as God directs otherwise. It means inviting others to come with you.
RMM Needs Chapter Leaders
- Stay in touch with the prayer chapter coordinator regarding any problems or questions
- Send RMM the email addresses of chapter members who wish to receive updates/prayer requests between meetings.
- Occasional conversations/reports with/to CMC pastors in surrounding churches regarding prayer chapters.
- Recruitment—keep an eye open for new people to join the group.
- Handle logistical details (or delegate them).
- - Set up chairs, etc.
- - Prepare coffee, drinks
- - Make copies of prayer request sheet
- - Establish a system that allows you to share updates with chapter members (particularly for those who don't have access to email)
RMM Will Provide
- A monthly DVD/VHS that features the prayer focus of the month (missionary speaker, RMM administrator, etc.).
- A monthly prayer request sheet for the group to pray over after viewing the DVD/VHS.
- Routine check-ins with the chapter leader from RMM's prayer coordinator.
- Occasional visits to the chapter meeting from RMM staff or missionaries who happen to be in the area.
- Reports of answers to prayer.
- An occasional email with prayer requests for traveling RMM administrators and their families, board meetings, emergency prayer requests, etc.
- An invitation to an appreciation breakfast held the Saturday morning of the annual CMC conference.
Need More Information or Want to Start a Chapter?
Contact RMM Prayer Coordinator, Mim Musser, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-857-1366.