What is a Prayer Journey?
“A short-term missions trip for the purpose of
'praying on site with insight' resulting in the coming of God’s glory and the salvation of unreached people in a particular area.” - From Fred Hartley and David P Jones
What are the objectives of RMM’s Prayer Journeys?
What does a prayer team do?
- To expose prayer warriors to another culture and to missions.
- Through prayer to prepare hearts to receive Jesus as Savior.
- To encourage, bless, “lift up the arms” of our missionaries.
- To foster stronger RMM partnerships with CMC churches.
- To foster prayer for a particular region or missionary in the local church.
What does a team look like?
- Lots of praying
- in a variety of locations
- for many people
- with different kinds of prayers
- Also talking, singing, worshipping, debriefing, laughing, crying, taking pictures, developing team jokes, shopping (a little) and the many other things that happen on a short-term mission team
- Teams consist of 4-8 intercessors who have been recommended by their pastor.
- They are led by someone who has participated in a previous prayer journey and co-led by an on-site missionary.
- All costs are paid for by team members/churches.
Where will teams go?
Why not pray at home and save the money?
- Where there is a request from the field and where a missionary agrees to co-lead the team.
- To overseas or stateside locations where a ministry exists.
- To locations where RMM is considering working.
- There is nothing like praying “on site” to grasp the sights, sounds, smells and heartbeat of a place.
- Praying on site is a tremendous encouragement to the missionaries and national believers.
- Will any of us stay and pray at home for one whole week?
more information about how you can become involved,