- Kick-off Gathering: Thursday, March 21 at 7:00 PM – Bethel Mennonite Church (2985 Bethel Lane, Sarasota, Florida 34240)
- Starting Line: Friday morning, March 22 – Bethel Mennonite Church
- Finish Line: Sunday, March 24 – TBD
- 3-Day Ride: Approximately 60 miles per day
- Registration includes: RFM Florida 2019 shirt, and snacks and drinks along the route.
- Breakfast: Riders are responsible for their own breakfast on Friday morning. Breakfast on Saturday & Sunday will be provided at the hotel.
- Lunch & Dinner: There will be good places to eat along the route each day. Rider will pay for their own lunch and dinner.
- Lodging: All lodging costs are at the rider’s expense. Riders are responsible for reserving their own lodging on Thursday evening (in the Sarasota area). Lodging on Friday & Saturday night is coordinated by the ride ($75-$150 per night).
- Questions: Call Scott Kauffman at (941)302-1017 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for general questions, and call Jonas Yoder at (941)915-0219 or email at email@example.com for route details.
Riders will pass through historic locations and beautiful, natural state park settings including:
- Oscar Scherer State Park which is home to the threatened bird species, Florida scrub jays.
- One of the oldest & largest state parks, Myakka River State Park. Lots of alligators to see here!
- The winding Peace River with fossils, sharks teeth & many species of birds & wildlife.
- The Don Pedro Island State Park is full of mangrove forests, dunes & white beaches.
- Historic Boca Grande and Gasparilla Island State Park showcasing its beautifully restored Port Boca Grande Lighthouse that was built in 1890.
- Cape Haze which is one of the most naturally protected areas in Florida.
- Matlacha & Pine Island, a 17 mile-long slice of Old Florida.
- The scenic Legacy Trail, one of the top 10 Florida trails.
- You will be riding along the intercoastal waterway on parts of the ride.
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.John F. Kennedy